Thursday, June 4, 2009

Retro Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

Here are my retro-vintage inspired DIY Rehearsal Dinner invitations! Very old-school, huh? I lined the envelopes with actual newspaper (original--not copies!) from the early 60's. When I bought my house, I discovered that the previous owner (a sweet old lady) had stashed TONS of rolled-up newspapers from that era in the attic of the garage. Perfect for so many crafty endeavors!! Anyway, there is SO much of it, I was able to search for the perfect images for the liners. In the picture, it's an ad for a bridal gown on sale at Wards. Perfect for this project, right? I lined the envelopes according to each recipient; my dad is a Mets fan, so he is getting a clipping from the sports page about the Mets (it's about players I've never heard of, but I'm sure he has!). Another relative is kind of a mafia-buff, so the clipping I used for their invite features Jimmy Hoffa! I refuse to seal the envelopes the traditional way because I don't want the envelopes to rip when they are opened, so I made seals for them.
What do you think? Any other ideas for using all this cool old newspaper? :)

2 comments: